here are 50 new questions i found on tumblr,
answered complete with pics from my cell phone from the last few weeks.
1. Do you prefer writing with black or blue pen?
black... blue looks childish and unprofessional to me.
2. Would you prefer to live in the country or the city?
just slightly out in the country. living far away from everything scares me...
but living in the middle of a city scares me, too. basically - there's nowhere left that's safe
to live anymore... so a little removed from the mayhem feels safe, but close enough for
help to reach you in a timely manner should you need it - also feels safe <3
3. If you could learn a new skill, what would it be?
be a beast drum player
4. Do you drink your tea or coffee with sugar?
coffee. and no. when i'm happy i like it black, and when i'm sleepy i like it with creamer.
5. What was your favourite book as a child?
the ramona quimby books, and the baby sitters club books.
6. Do you prefer baths or showers?
for cleanliness - showers. for mending my pained body - soak in the hottub.
7. If you could be a mythical creature, which would you choose?
8. Do you prefer reading paper or electronic books?
paper. i still don't have a reader... but my house is covered in books :D
9. What is your favourite item of clothing?
my flannels. they're warm and remind me of happy times.
10. Do you like your name? Would you ever change it?
i do. i think "shelly" perfectly suits me. i'd change it to "smith" if i ever moved somewhere where i knew no one.
11. Who is a mentor to you?
definitely grace. i love her so much and her influence on me and her light in my life is invaluable.
12. Would you ever want to be famous? If so, what for?
that's a tough question. i'd only want to be "famous" so i could make a real living just doing one thing - which would be selling my musicals. but i don't like people knowing who i am... and i certainly don't like people knowing my business. so... i don't think so. my fate is to be an undiscovered artist :D
13. Are you a restless sleeper?
100% yes. i've never had a "good night's sleep" in my life.
14. Do you consider yourself a romantic?
15. Which element best represents you?
probably fire. now that i'm older and wiser, water also represents me, because i can pretty much move around the world seamlessly with nothing bothering me, but once in awhile something will happen that brings out that youthful fire in me, and i realize that i really am firey at my core. plus - there's a fire within me that just keeps going no matter what tries to bring me down... and i'm not even in control of it. it just shows up to get me through <3
16. Who do you want to be closer to?
i wish i could be closer to my niece and my best friend. it really hurts that i miss so much of their lives, but it is what it is, and i try not to worry about it too much.
17. Do you miss someone at the moment?
i'm always thinking of my niece. always. always wishing i could be with her, and what i'll take her to do when we're together next time :D
18. Tell us about an early childhood memory.
i think my earliest memory is of getting in trouble for walking the cat. i put a leash on her and almost hung her in a tree :/ oops. she was fine, but i got in SOOOOOO much trouble because i lied about it. i made up this story about how i was playing with the leash and the cat ran through the room and looped it around herself and then ran outside and up the tree before i could stop her... it was bad. i've always been a terrible liar...
19. What is the strangest thing you have eaten?
nothing. i am not a culinary adventurer. i have a weak system so i play it safe ;D
20. What can you see outside your bedroom window?
let me think... my backyard, my favorite tree, the fence that is falling down... the sunset...
its a good view :D
21. What are you most thankful for?
my family and best friends. without doubt. i can't imagine who i'd be without them.
22. Do you like spicy food?
i do! i prefer indian spice over mexican spice.
23. Have you ever met someone famous?
24. Do you keep a diary or journal?
not anymore. my albums and the pictures on my social media are my journals, now.
24. Do you prefer to use pen or pencil?
pen. i rarely use pencils.
25. What is your star sign?
sagittarius. and i fit it in a lot of ways, but also not in a lot of ways. i'm sure this is typical of every sign, though some people have told me that they have 100% of their signs characteristics... i'd say for me - it's about 35% yes, 65% no.
26. Do you like your cereal crunchy or soggy?
how funny! i've never been given the option, and I LIKE IT SOGGY!!!!! my favorite cereal is crispix, and i love it when it's crunchy right at the beginning, but i also love it once it's soggy.
27. What would you want your legacy to be?
i have no clue. i can't think about such things or i'll behave in a way that is not true to myself. the best i can hope for is that by being myself and by learning as much as i can about myself and my problems and other peoples personalities and their problems - i can help and leave the people who knew me a little bit better than they would have been had they not known me.
28. Do you like reading? What was the last thing you read?
i love reading. i read constantly, everything i can get my hands on. right now i'm reading two books: "the wisdom of the enneagram" and "dash and lily's book of dares"
29. How do you show someone you love them?
i make time for them, and i tell them.
30. Do you like ice in your drinks?
totally depends on the drink. water? no. milk? yes. orange juice? yes. iced coffee? yes. hot coffee? no. (kidding.
31. What are you afraid of?
same old same old.
32. What is your favourite scent?
the "tobacco and patchouli" scented candle from paddywax.
33. Do you address older people by their first or last name?
it depends on my relationship with them. if we have a friendly relationship - first name. if they were ever a teacher or mentor of mine, or if i'm meeting them for the first time - i am respectful and call them mr. or mrs.
34. If money was not a factor, how would you live your life?
traveling constantly. absolutely constantly. i would build a mini-house and constantly be on the go with my dogs, and parents... when they could join me... and ALWAYS have my niece :D
35. Do you prefer swimming in pools or in the ocean?
pools. never the ocean - never. ever. EVER.
36. What would you do if you found $50 on the ground?
try to find who dropped it.
37. Have you ever seen a shooting star? Did you make a wish?
oh yes. and oh yes. everything i've ever wished for has come true. a few years ago i stopped making wishes - because there's nothing i could ask for that i don't already have <3
38. What is one thing you would want to teach your children?
to always live authentically as themselves and never try to fit into anyone else's mold of what someone "SHOULD" be"
39. If you had to have a tattoo, what would it be and where would you get it?
i have lots, so that ship has sailed.
40. What can you hear right now?
the tv playing "the challenge: battle of the exes". everyone is very meh, but i have been emotionally invested in c.t. and diem's relationship for like - over a decade. at the beginning of this season, they were paired together again and c.t. immediately fell back into relationship mode with her, but she had to leave because she fell so ill, and so he went too, because he was her partner. i was gutted to read that only about 2 months later - she died. i can't even imagine how he felt... at least he was with her and she knew he loved her in the end <3
41. Where do you feel the safest?
right here on my couch, bundled up with my dogs <3
42. What is one thing you want to overcome/conquer?
nothing. i'm right where i should be. when i need to change - i will change.
43. If you could travel back to any era, which would you choose?
the roaring 20's :D
44. What is your most used emoji?
the smiley face, or just the simple open heart <3
45. What is your favourite season? Why?
this season - fall. because it's gorgeous and crisp but not freezing, and everything seems possible when you're in a cute dress with tights and boots and a sweater ;D
46. How would you spend your ideal day?
waking up early, feeling refreshed (never happened), have good coffee, take my dogs on a trip, lunch somewhere yummy and outside. in the afternoon i'd hook up with some friends, play some music, then we'd go to dinner at a delicious indian place, and have drinks somewhere by the ocean. we'd make a fire on the beach and sing songs until we were all exhausted and pass out in sleeping bags with the sound of the ocean lulling us to sweet dreams <3
47. Describe yourself using one word.
48. What do you regret the most?
all the people i hurt when i was fighting to figure out who i was.
49. Invent your own word. What does it mean?
floratressent. (flora-tress-int). "the happy,dreamy feeling that washes over you when you smell beautiful flowers". floratressent. <3
(i know i did 24 twice, throwing off the whole rest of this survey, but i couldn't be bothered to go back and change them all. i have pneumonia. leave me alone. ps - that will continue to be my excuse for everything for the duration of this sickness.)