i still think of my years as existing in seasons.
meaning - i am still stuck on the school year track.
probably because, mostly, i still work at schools... so my year actually does still exist on a track.
well, kind of. okay i don't know. i don't work at schools THAT much anymore, actually.
but that's just how my brain works.
so i have been working on my 2016 goal list lately, and discovered that my brain is already in it.
2015 has basically ended for me... it ended back at the beginning of october when we finally finished "just wait and see", and now i'm looking forward to "next year"...
though my body is still in 2015 - my brain has left the building ;D
first - a little review... my 2015 big 5 goals were:
1. record "just wait and see" - check
2. rewrite "killing me" - check
3. take bug on 3 trips - check
4. hang with friends at least once a month - check
5. publish "on my sleeve" book - i replaced "on my sleeve" with a new album called "still", and it's done, and will be out before the end of the year, so i'm calling this one done. i took "on my sleeve" off my projects list all together, actually. i just am not interested in doing a book, anymore. maybe one day! but not now. i'm too focused on music right now :D
- and my theme of the year was "make it happen", which motivated me to constantly take on more than i thought i could handle - and i handled it... LIKE A BOSS. check check check check CHECK, SON.
so - i accomplished every single thing on my big 5 list, and i also accomplished everything on my top 10 list AND on my monthly lists, which i didn't share on the blog. it was a REEEEEALLY productive year for me, which was exciting. i didn't really stop, and i'm exhausted, but i feel like i lived about 5 years this year :D and that's how i used to feel in my 20's when i was traveling and producing shows all the time! so it was REALLY nice and really natural for me to get back into that work ethic. 2016 has some work related goals, but mostly travel/life goals. i worked really hard this year so i could go some places next year.
2016 big 5 goals:
1. record "killing me" cast album
2. road trip through great britain
3. take bug on 4 trips
4. go to ohio for a.j. and nashville for j.j.
5. record a "live" album
- other goals that were on the original list that didn't make it into the top 5 but are in the top 10 are:
6. do a (or several?) live show/s of "just wait and see"
7. submit "still" for market distribution (tv shows, movies, etc)
8. update the floors and counters in the apartment
9. solo summer road trip with juniper
10. musically direct a show at a theatre
so there you have it! i obviously will be working very hard at all my jobs all year and picking up whatever sub jobs i can in 2016, i've gotta pay for all that fun stuff! so don't think i'm taking a year off, or anything. the "killing me" cast album will be recorded over one weekend. the road trip through g.b. will be 15 days. the bug trips will be day trips. ohio and nashville will be probably less than 10 days, total. and the recording of the live album will be 2 days. so we're looking at very compact goals. the rest of the year will be spent working myself to the bone ;D
what are your 2016 goals? and did you accomplish everything on your 2015 list? i know we still have a month and a half left, but i'm eager to begin again!!! :D <3